I'm officially back home!
I've actually been home for a couple days, but this is a very busy week for me, so I sadly won't be able to get much development work done. Yesterday was the first day since I left that I had a full day to myself, and all I was really able to do development-wise is remind myself of the issues I ran into getting all the new training mechanics implemented, which means I need to re-learn how I built the system so I can fix those issues.
Though to be clear, those are very minor issues. It's things like the random chances for the "skip" option and the soft stat caps not quite correctly using the random numbers that get generated. All I need to do to fix it is do some math, adjust the conditional branches, and test it again. The main hurdle is the amount of time it takes to do all that math and test it again rather than not knowing how to fix it. The final mechanic will still work exactly as described over on the Patreon/Subscribestar post.
Speaking of, this Friday's post will likely be a poll about possible render commissions. While offering commissions is something I've generally avoided, the two biggest reasons I've been avoiding it are my confidence in my skill level and the time commitment. Now that I've been doing this for five years, I'm significantly more skilled and more confident in my skills, which leaves time as the last obstacle.
It is quite the obstacle, as time spent rendering commissions is time that could be spent developing instead, but the economy being as rough as it is understandably leaves fewer people able to support me, and in situations where someone has to choose between paying a bill, feeding themselves, or giving me a few dollars, the last thing I want them to choose is giving me a few dollars. Commission work would open up a new possible revenue stream for me, and would give those who can afford it a means of supporting me while still getting something they want.
I'm honestly still fairly torn on the idea, but that's why it'll get put to a poll. It'll be easier to make a decision after I know if there's any interest in it.
And hopefully by next week I'll have more time to put into work and I can start telling you about the new content that's planned for Redemption Harem v0.2.
No comments:
Post a Comment