Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Maids & Masters (& More Progress On v0.16)

I haven't play tested it all yet, but I'm still more or less on schedule with progress. v0.16 isn't quite done yet, but the Archibald segment at least is down to its last two scenes. I would have that second-to-last scene written already, but I started to feel like I was jumping the shark a little bit, so I had to slow down and let myself sleep on a few story beats. That aside, I think I've done everything with Archibald, Master's origins, and giving Lalita a few opportunities to be sweet, so all that's really left is getting those last couple story beats in there, tying a bow on it, and connecting the cult segment to the end.


The optional portions of the Ambrose mansion are also done now. I may need to redo some things for puzzle difficulty balancing once I test them, but they're done. The optional Maid is also now fully recruitable, though I still need to add her to your Estate and make sure you can repeat her scenes - and hopefully you enjoy those, I tried out a different animation method to try and get more fluid whole-body movement, and while I'm not sure the overall process is faster, there are technically fewer moving parts, so it should make creating custom animations go a little faster if I keep using it and get better with it.


That means the only bit that's really left to do, aside from those last two scenes, is the cult segment and the optional content that's been missing from there. There's actually not a lot in terms of the optional content to include there, but some of it does tie into the related trophy, and it may become impossible to progress past the cult segment if I don't include it with this update, which would be kind of a problem. 


I can't say 100% of that will be done by Friday for the test build, but I hope it will be. Once all of that is done, the following week will give me some time to go back and implement at least some of the missing content from v0.15.2. Given the sheer amount of it that I had wanted to include, I doubt I'll get it all in there, but I should have time for the basics - namely, the affection quests for June and Chloe, plus Trophy 31. If I have extra time, I'll be able to get the affection quest implemented for the new optional Maid as well, but I doubt I'll be able to go much further beyond that. 

Updating the love shack content to match what the affection quests are supposed to unlock would take me at minimum two weeks to implement focusing on nothing but that. I'm honestly not sure when I'll have time to develop that, because what I want to do for v0.17 and v0.18 will end up with very large updates, and I need to focus on that if I'm going to stick to monthly updates without going back to alternating between Maids & Masters and Precious Kouhai.


But that's about all there is to say about development for now. The other thing I wanted to talk about is Subscribestar. If you're not familiar, Subscribestar is a Patreon alternative. It allows you to support me financially, giving me stable monthly income. If you don't already know because you don't follow me on Twitter or BlueSky, I'm happy to tell you I recently got my Subscribestar page approved! Starting with the test build for VIPs and the patch notes for the other paid tiers going up this Friday, everything that goes up on Patreon will be going up on Subscribestar (though I have already posted a few things for people who join now - more on that in a paragraph). 

This is important for a number of reasons, but the one that's most relevant to you is that you can give me that monthly financial support without getting Patreon involved. While I'm more than happy to continue to grow my Patreon page and I'm definitely happy to keep my Patrons around, I've seen people say they can't support me on Patreon despite wanting to because Patreon doesn't support a payment method that's available for their country. So, if Patreon isn't an option for you, I'd appreciate it if you gave my Subscribestar page a look.

And as a show of my appreciation in advance, I'm doing a bit of a launch celebration. For this week only - ending on Friday - people that subscribe to the free Follower tier get access to a Discord invite. I normally reserve invites for paid members, volunteer play testers, and other types of people I want to include in my community, so if you want to be able to chat directly with me about my work in real time but can't afford to support me financially, head to my Subscribestar page and give that Follower tier a click.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Update

Spooky Adult Games Bundle