Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Maids & Masters (& A Release Date For v0.16)

v0.16 could've almost come out last Friday, so it should be no surprise that v0.16 is going to be coming out in early access this Friday, August 30th. I say "almost" because while the story was complete, there were a number of things (like Emily's shop) that hadn't been updated yet, and the cult segment actually requires the optional content I've been meaning to add there, because without a way to advance time, this cult segment actually doesn't have a way to continue forward to actually trigger. So now there are three new repeatable scenes specific to the cult segment, all the other little bits are done, I have a few days to try and fit in the optional content missing from v0.15.2, and there's a new trophy available for actually conducting your investigation rather than spending all your time banging someone in the storage room.


Speaking of trophies, if you like those, you're really going to like v0.16. Not only is there a trophy for Ambrose City, but there's a trophy to get from Archibald (which marks the third trophy it's possible to fully miss), the new trophy for properly investigating the cult, another trophy having to do with the cult that can be earned (or missed and gotten from Big Dick) that has been waiting for this update, and a trophy that I meant to implement way back at the start of Act 2 but didn't for a number of reasons. That's an entire five trophies to find in this update. Plus the third optional Maid, if you're into that sort of thing.


There's also more than 100 new renders for this update (nearly half of which are associated with the Ambrose City trophy) and 7 new animations, which if you're familiar with how Maids & Masters usually updates, is a lot for something that isn't a Freeze update or v0.15.2. If exploring is more your thing, there aren't any new Wilds maps, but there are nearly 40 new maps to poke around in, two sets of affection items to find, a slightly more hidden box of Silcrow, those five trophies and new Maid I mentioned, and a couple new mazes (one of which you can't solve by clicking the next open space and letting the game do the work for you, and I'll be very disappointed if no one complains about that).


And then there's the actual story. Like I've been mentioning, there are story beats here that I've been wanting to get out for quite some time, so finally getting to them feels really good. v0.16 is a lot of things that I've been eager to do for a long while, so I really hope you enjoy playing through the update as much as I enjoyed making it. 

I just hope development continues to go this smoothly, because v0.17 and v0.18 might end up taking longer than a month to develop. There'll be a poll about that on Patreon and Subscribestar about that this Friday as well. The story will also really start to move near the end of v0.18, with Act 3 starting in v0.19 (though v0.19 is likely to be the Freeze update - it's complicated). I have to try really hard not to rush or get ahead of myself on that, because I'm incredibly excited about telling the rest of this story.


If you're looking forward to it too, maybe think about checking out my Patreon or Subscribestar and giving me some support. Most of the posts only go out to those that give me financial support, but there is a free option, and I will be making that development poll about v0.17 and v0.18 available to those of you in those free follower spots as well. If you do decide to support me financially, you get access to an invite to my private Discord server, early access to all my game updates and demos before anyone else, news and behind-the-scenes info that no one else gets - and that's just at the lowest tier. There's also a bunch of limited slots available for the higher tiers so you can get the same special treatment (plus all kinds of other benefits) at nearly half the cost. Thanks for thinking about it, and if you read this whole paragraph, I appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Update

Spooky Adult Games Bundle