Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Progress on Precious Kouhai v0.2

I want to call this "Precious Kouhai v0.2 Release Date" but I'm still not totally sure what I'll get done before Friday, so I'm not going to commit to a release date just yet. I have some real life things that require my attention, and while one new client has their draft and doesn't seem to want any edits, I'm still waiting on a bit of feedback from the other client before I'm fully free and clear of outside work. That said, some good progress has been made.


The first of the two scenes coming in this update I managed to completely finish last night. That's a total of 13 new animations, bringing the total up to 48. I'll be starting to animate the next scene today, which is already mostly written out, so it's basically just the animation left. The only downside to that being that the animation is what takes up the most time. Depending on the complexity, it can take as much as a full day to make a single animation. Most of mine are relatively simple, and this project has definitely helped me maintain a decent level of quality while vastly improving my overall speed, but it can still be a very time consuming process.


All that said, I'm still hopeful I'll be able to get enough done that I can present a test build to VIPs on Patreon this Friday, and Precious Kouhai can have its first proper early access release the following Friday. That does mean the update won't be available to the public until v0.3 comes out, but just like with Maids & Masters, my Patrons get early access to everything I release. On top of that, I recently added a bunch of features to Patreon membership. You can read all about it (and get a bunch of benefits for supporting development!) on my Patreon page.


Being a straightforward visual novel, that's pretty much all there is to say about Precious Kouhai until I've finished enough for a release date to be set. I can't lie, it feels really weird not having a changelog to post with everything that's been added, fixed, and updated, but outside of one syntax error in the preview build (which was fixed for v0.1), there's been nothing to fix in the existing content. There is one change, though - I've managed to find a music license for fairly cheap, so Precious Kouhai will start to feature new music in v0.2. Only one track was replaced and moved to a new spot, so it's not a particularly dramatic change, but it's nice having a proper library of options to use that still matches the aural theming I want to use. This sort of thing is only possible thanks to the support of my Patrons, so if this sort of good news is something you'd like to hear more often, I'd really appreciate it if you clicked that link up there and considered pledging to a tier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Update

Maids & Masters v0.15.1 Release