Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Precious Kouhai v0.2 Release Date

I really wanted this post to be "the update is done, it's just a bit of testing and then I'm back to work on Maids & Masters" but my computer had it real rough the past couple of days. If the software wasn't freezing up or crashing during rendering, my whole computer was freezing up or crashing. Thankfully I didn't lose a lot of work thanks to autosaves, but it still made the whole process highly frustrating and significantly slower than it otherwise would've been.


That's it for the bad news, though. If you don't follow my Patreon, the test build still went out to VIPs last Friday, and I wouldn't have done that if I weren't close to finished with the update. Even after the scene got a little longer than I originally intended (which is still good news - it means more content for you) there are only a few animations left to pose, animate, and render. Even if the crashing continues and I'm only able to get one or two renders done in a day, v0.2 will still enter early access on Friday, the 19th.


After some thought, early access will also launch on itch with v0.2. I was originally planning on waiting another update or two so the game had a little more content before I did the extra work that comes with making it available in early access as well, but if I'm being honest, Precious Kouhai is such a small project, it might be close to done in another update or two. I've only ever had enough content planned for about an hour's worth of reading, and if each scene takes about 5 minutes to read through, v0.2 is already about a third of the way there.


There are also some extra bits I want to try and fit in, but those may not make it into v0.2 if the freezing/crashing continues. It's nothing major, but I want to see if I understand a handful of coding things with renpy for the sake of future projects, like having the title screen change according to a variable.


One last thing that's completely unrelated - Maids & Masters is part of a paid bundle where you can get a bunch of paid games at 50% off (including Maids & Masters Early Access). There's only 3 days left to get it, so if you want it, click here to get it before it's gone. I even made this promo image for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Update

Maids & Masters v0.15.1 Release