Tuesday, April 2, 2024

April 2024 General Update

Today had an incredibly hectic start to it, and I'm kind of between everything right now, so I'm going to use today's post as a more general update to both collect my thoughts and share them in the same go. So, here's where that "everything" I mentioned currently stands.


In general Patreon news, some changes are coming. This includes annual subscriptions, some minor updates to descriptions to hopefully make certain benefits a little clearer (and make the "About" section a little less robotic), making itch benefits easier to find, and some potential changes to early access that you can vote on (and if you're a Patron, there's a second poll with a little extra info). Most of the reason for these changes is because I'm reaching a point where I need to push for monetary support a little harder, and there aren't a lot of ways to do that while still being consumer-friendly. If you want to know more about these changes, check the poll(s) linked above, or check my Patreon on Friday, when these changes will be getting implemented.


For Maids & Masters, I've finished my playthrough and have all my checkpoint saves created. I've tackled all the bugs and other minor fixes I found along the way, so now it's time to move on to actual development. I'd kind of forgotten how much I like my own game, so getting to play through it again was a little therapeutic in a way. I'm still debating whether or not I should roll v0.15.1 into v0.16 to make a bigger update - part of which depends on those polls I mentioned - but it's unlikely I'll have a release ready for April anyway. Even if I do split the updates and go with v0.15.1, I need to add the Love Shack content for six new characters (Vicky, June, Chloe, Setri, Caitlainn, and Celine), update Setri so you can progress with her during the first half of Act 2 while Cumhaill's Grow festival is active, and create the first round of affection quests for all the Maids (or at the very least, all of the combat Maids). That's probably going to take 4-5 weeks to get done, and that's without accounting for days lost to outside work or other potential hurdles. That means you're going to get another release for Precious Kouhai.


I'm going to try to do two scenes for Precious Kouhai instead of just one. They're short enough, and I'm used to updates having 20-45 minutes of content, not 5-10, so it seems like a reasonable compromise between the amount of content I think is expected of me and the amount of time and effort it takes to create the various animations. I won't say much more on that for now so I have something to talk about next week. In a perfect world, I'll find the time to finish up my outside work and have a test build ready for Friday the 12th with a release going out Friday the 19th, but with the surprises of today, I want to make sure it's clear that those are estimates, not promises. It might take another week. Thankfully, most of the posing and one of the more complex animations is already done, so the biggest hurdle will be getting outside work finished so I can work on Precious Kouhai unimpeded.


On that note, I have not one, but two clients waiting on work from me. These are projects I just write for, so the work (usually) goes pretty quickly, but it's still 2-3 days that I won't have to work on MnM or PK while I get it done, and another day every time there's post-work or follow-up drafts I need to do. If you don't like hearing that, I get it, but bills don't pay themselves. You can free up my time so I can focus more on my own projects by supporting me on Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Update

Maids & Masters v0.15.1 Release