Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Maids & Masters (& Looking Forward to v0.15.2)

With v0.15.1 out, it's time to get to work on affection quests. That leaves development - or, more accurately, development news - in a little bit of a weird spot. While I could talk through all the different quests and my plans for them, that would kinda defeat the purpose of putting it all in the game so you could play through it. What I'll probably do is go to more general updates and and find other things to post about to fill the time between now and when v0.15.2 actually comes out.


Part of the reason for this is that I'm not sure how long all of these affection quests are going to take to make. I do have most of them planned out, but there are still a bunch that I either need to redesign because certain maps aren't in the game yet or that I need to design in the first place. As a general statement, the quests will cover the personal stories of the Maids in ways that the main story would otherwise not have room to explain or explore. There's also a few rewards for completing those quests that might take a while to fully implement, because they include things like Estate customization items.


I also have a few things besides v0.15.2 to work on. Dawnfall will probably be the next thing I release, but being as mechanically complicated as it is, I haven't even gotten it to a point where I can start testing the combat in earnest, much less putting the stretch of story together that I want to create for the demo. I also have some client work to get done, which is likely going to take a week or two to get through. I should also take some time for myself, because the way things have been going lately, work has felt a lot more forced than it ever has before, and I don't want that to affect the quality of my work. Especially when I want to stay committed to monthly releases.

 

Between all of those things, news is probably going to be a little slow. I still want to post weekly, so I'll find something to talk about, but it might be things I haven't done or have done infrequently before, like lore posts for Maids & Masters. The same thing applies to Patreon - I fully intend to keep up weekly posts, but it might be things like opinion polls instead of news. Maybe more behind-the-scenes stuff for Dawnfall or some sneak peeks at affection quest renders. I'll have to take it week by week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Update

Spooky Adult Games Bundle